What’s the first thing you do when you’re looking for a new business to patronize? Chances are, you look them up on Google. In fact, more than 60% of customers check Google reviews online before they visit a business. It’s only natural that they would want to see what other people’s experiences have been like before they commit to you.
This is why Google reviews are so important. They can make or break a business. The first thing that appears when you search for a business on Google is its reviews and average rating. If these are not good, potential customers are likely to go elsewhere.
Google Reviews Are a Valuable Asset for Businesses of All Sizes
They can help you attract new customers, build trust with existing customers, and improve your search engine ranking. Here are some tips on how to get more Google reviews for your business:
1. Create a Google Business Profile
This is the first step to getting Google reviews. You can create a Google Business Profile for free by going to https://business.google.com/.
Chances are, if you have been around for a few years, you will already appear in Google Maps and local searches—you may even already have some reviews.
Once you claim and optimize your business profile, it will be easier for people to find you and leave reviews. Here’s how to do it:
- Do a Google search for your business’s name.
- Click on the “Own this Business?” button. This will take you into the claim area for a Google Business Profile.
- Google will then need to verify your business. Once your business has been verified, you can start adding information to your Google Business Profile. This includes your business name, address, phone number, website, hours of operation, and photos. You can also add a description of your business and keywords that people might use to find you.
- You can add photos and a description of your business. Try to include a few keywords and phrases relevant to your business, but don’t overstuff it with keywords or use ones that are not relevant. This may get you a penalty.
- It’s essential to keep your Google Business Profile up-to-date. This means adding new photos, updating your hours of operation, and responding to reviews. By creating and maintaining a Google Business Profile, you can attract more customers and improve your business’s online reputation.
2. Ask for Reviews
The best way to get Google reviews is to ask for them. You can ask for reviews in person, over the phone, or in an email. Be sure to make it easy for customers to leave a review by providing them with a link to your Google Business Profile.
4. Offer Incentives
You can offer incentives to customers who leave reviews. This could be a discount, a free gift, or even just a thank-you note.
5. Respond to Reviews
When customers leave reviews, be sure to respond to them promptly and professionally. Thank them for their feedback, and address any concerns they may have.
6. Promote your Google Reviews
Let people know that you have Google reviews. You can do this by adding a link to your Google reviews page to your website, social media pages, and marketing materials.
By following these tips, you can get more Google reviews for your business. Google reviews are a valuable asset, so take advantage of the opportunity to get them.
Here Are Some Additional Tips to Get Google Reviews Fast
- Target your requests. Don’t just ask every customer for a review. Instead, target your requests to customers who have had a positive experience with your business.
- Be timely. Ask for reviews as soon as possible after a customer has had a positive experience. This will help them remember the details of their interaction with your business.
- Be personal. When you ask for a review, be sure to personalize your request. Address the customer by name and thank them for their business.
- Make it easy. Provide customers with a link to your Google Business Profile so they can easily leave a review.
- Follow up. If a customer doesn’t leave a review after you’ve asked them to, follow up with them a few days later.
Keep These Things in Mind When Getting Google Reviews
- Don’t ask for reviews too often. If you ask for reviews too often, customers may start to feel annoyed or pressured.
- Only ask for reviews from customers who have had a positive experience. This could backfire and make the customer even more unhappy.
- Don’t delete negative reviews. Negative reviews are a part of doing business. Deleting them will only make your business look less credible.
- Respond to all reviews, positive and negative. This shows that you care about your customers’ feedback and that you’re willing to listen to them.
- Never buy reviews. If Google suspects you of this, you will be penalized and pushed down in rankings.
Don’t Leave Google Reviews to Chance
They’re crucial for your business, boosting credibility, click-through rates, and search rankings. So, pay attention to your Google reviews. Claim your Google Business Profile, ask happy customers for reviews, and keep an eye on what’s being said. Respond to both good and bad feedback. By following these steps, you’ll quickly gather more Google reviews and give your business a stronger online presence.